- Service includes: gas boiler service and safety check in area of choice
During service and safety check, the engineer will:
- Check the condition of and permitted location of the appliance and its electrical controls
- Inspect flue integrity, suitability, condition, size, route, functionality, terminal, cowl, guard and installation standard
- Check ventilation as per manufacturer’s instructions or as outlined in IS:813 2002 (edition 2) - ensuring correct location, size, type and source
- Conduct electrical safety tests including fuse rating, isolation switch, polarity, earth continuity, resistance to earth, short circuit test, supply voltage
- Check accessibility, functionality and condition of isolating valves
- Inspect / clean fan unit and evaluate performance and functionality
- Inspect / clean heat exchanger as per manufacturer’s instructions
- Inspect / clean / adjust main and pilot burners and injectors
- Check / clean / adjust ignition and ionisation electrodes
- Check flame picture
- Check temperature control
- Check operation of boiler safety devices
- Check appliance gas rating
- Conduct burner pressure tests
- Sample air intake analysis
- Sample flue gas analysis to ensure efficient and safe operation of the appliance
- Conduct appliance gas safety tests
- Adjustment time and temperature controls as required
Complete RGII appliance conformance certificate and leave copy with the customer
- The service engineer may conduct such other tests and checks as he may determine, reasonably required for specific types of gas boilers
- During a boiler service visit, a service engineer will check the integrity of the boiler in accordance with Annex C of IS 813:2002 (edition 2) (including Amendment 1:2004 and Amendment 2:2005)
See more details here.
- Service radius:
- Northside post codes covered 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, Swords, Malahide, Portmarnock Howth
- Southside post codes covered 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, Lucan, Leixlip Blackrock, Dun Laoighre and Shankill
Any areas outside these postcodes will incur a €15 surcharge.
Condensing boilers incur a €10 surcharge. Back boilers can be serviced for a surcharge of €30.
- Certifications: RGI
A technician can provide a thorough service and safety check for gas boilers, examining and testing key components. Boiler service includes 19 point safety check, a RGI conformance certificate will be issued on successful completion of the service and safety check.
A gas boiler service assesses and maintains the function of appliances, covering the north and south side of Dublin and surroundsAddress Dublin Gas Works Unit B2 Riverview Business Park Nangor Road